The Advanced Placement Program (AP) is a challenging academic program designed to provide motivated high school students with college level academic courses. Established in 1955 by the College Board, the AP Program is a cooperative education endeavor between secondary schools and colleges and universities. High School students who complete AP courses demonstrate their mastery of subject material by earning qualifying grades on Advanced Placement Examinations. AP is considered a standard of academic excellence in Canada, the United States and around the world.
What are the benefits of enrolling in the Advanced Placement Program:
- Taking AP classes can open doors for you. The vast majority of universities grant either academic credit advanced placement or both to incoming students with qualifying AP grades.
- You'll study a subject in greater depth. If you are interested in particular subjects and want to learn more about them with classmates who are just as enthusiastic, your best bet is to enroll in the AP program.
- The AP program will provide additional challenges. Many students say that AP has helped to steer them towards college or university studies.
- AP prepares you for university level work. The skills gained in this program ease the transition into post secondary institutions. • You'll improve your chances of getting into a competitive university. Admission officers are well aware of the difficulty of AP courses and exams. Sending them your AP grades can only be a positive step toward potential admission into competitive universities.
- By taking an AP exam you will be investing in yourself and your future. The $105 exam fee can translate into major savings. One single course in university is $700 -$1000.
- Earning credit in AP classes may lead to you having the time to take a double major in university, complete your undergraduate degree in less time, and pursue other interests.
For success in this rigorous program students need to:
- Be highly self motivated
- Excel academically
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Show a commitment to scholarship and excellence
For more information on our AP Program, please contact Cody Baird.