Grad Requirements, as discussed and supported by Grade 12 students and parents – “Walking across the stage has to mean something”:
If a student does not have a passing grade in a course required for graduation by the mid term report card (April 16th), the student will not be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony but student may still participate in banquet.
Student must have completed a minimum of 60% of all distance learning or "Brick Learning Center" courses prior to mid term date (April 16th) to participate in commencement ceremony.
The Graduation Policy is found in the student handbook
Graduation 2020 TENTATIVE Details
Grad 2020 is tentatively booked for Saturday June 6th, 2020.
Friday June 5th -
- 12.45 - Grad Gowns distributed at PSC
- 1pm - 2nd Annual Grad Walk- (leave PSC at 1pm, arrive at Arena at 2pm)
- 2-4pm Grad Rehearsal at Arena; Gowns will be left at arena Friday evening no school events planned, suggestion for families and friends to celebrate as they choose
Saturday June 6th -
- Students arrive at 10 AM at the Arena as PSC is simply too small and the general feeling is too many restrictions apply. Students will be lined up and parents will seek out seating. (Our suggestion is they show up dressed, ready to enjoy the entire day and evening...in other words get your money out of the grad wear...but it is up to each person to decide.) The commencement gown will only be on for a short time, and commencement hats will be optional.
- 11 AM - 12:30 PM- Commencement at Arena (doors will open to the public at 10:30 AM)
- 12:30 PM -5 PM- Cap and Gown photos, (family time with pictures, pictures with staff etc).
- 5pm-5:30pm- Small snack for grads will be on small Ice surface, gowns handed in.
- 5:30pm- Grand March Line up
- 5.45pm- Banquet to follow at the arena including catered supper and program Safe Grad will follow
Thank you once again for your help...We are confident it will be a great weekend celebration and a fantastic day for our grads and families.